I will not be at school on Monday because I will be spending time with family, as my mother-in-law is in town visiting. The number of weeks left before summer break is slipping through our fingers! Let's be sure to not lose our focus on finishing well. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Apr 21 to May 09 - Spring MAP (details below)
- May 02 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- May 06 - Parent Meeting (6pm)
- May 06 - Next year's 6th grade outdoor school info meeting (after Parent Meeting, Mr. Middleton's room)
- May 07 - Progress Reports emailed
- May 09 - Spring Concert (1st/2nd Graders) (7pm, Auditorium)
- May 22 - Class Birthday Party (2:15pm)
- May 23 - No School (Teacher Work Day)
- May 26 - No School (Memorial Day)
- June 09 - Field Trip: Tigard Bowl & Pizza Caboose (10:15-1:00pm)
- June 10 - Last day of school! (11:30am dismissal)
- June 10 - All School Family Picnic (12-3pm)
- June 13 - Report Cards emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 14: Samson (cont.) | Verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Math - Chapter 7 (cont.) | Test Tuesday: Chapter 7
- Science - Energy, Work, and Machines Unit (cont.) | Unit Test 5/7
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit (cont.) | Due Thursday: First copy draft | Unit Test 5/8
- Reading - Cause & Effect skill in Pipiolo and the Roof Dogs
- Writing - Poetry Unit (cont.)
- Spelling - Unit 22 core words: object, age, minute, wall, meet | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Adverbs Unit (cont.)
- Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Test Monday: Romantic Period
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) for the Spring sessions begins on Wednesday, April 23rd. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast, and does not have interruptions (i.e., doctor appointments) scheduled during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
Wednesday, April 23rd, 10:45-11:45am
- Thursday, May 1st, 8:30-9:30am
- Wednesday, May 7th, 2:00-3:00pm
Outdoor school info for next yearA major event next year in sixth grade is our outdoor school program. Outdoor school is scheduled for Sept. 15 - 18, 2014. Because outdoor school is so early in the school year (the third week of school), Mr. Middleton schedules a very short meeting with parents. This informational meeting is scheduled immediately following the parent meeting on Tuesday, May 6. The meeting will be held in Mr. Middleton's classroom (just a few doors down from the fifth grade rooms), and will last about 20 minutes. He will hand out a supply list, answer questions, and ask for your help. Thanks for preparing early for outdoor school!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com