|Group 2 at Neighborhood House!|
We had a great time showing everyone at chapel how we went out to love others! In case you missed it, check out the videos we put together to show the other students. We are also welcoming a new student into our class tomorrow! We all remember Halen Cain when he came to visit several weeks ago. It will be great to get to know him better as we continue to make progress learning and growing this year. Lastly, Honored Guest Morning is this Friday! No need to RSVP... just have your special guest come before 8:30am. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Nov 07 - Honored Guest Morning (7:30-9:45am)
- Nov 07 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 24-28 - No School (Parent Teacher Conferences & Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 3: Jacob | Verse: Ephesians 4:24 | Lesson & Verse Quiz Friday
- Math - Chapter 2 (cont.)
- Science - Space Unit (cont.) | Due 11/18: Space Project | Due 11/21: Research Assignment
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] Begin map presentations | Introduce Mesopotamia Unit | Due Monday: Island Project Final & Notecards
- Reading - Due 11/14: As-You-Read Book Report Prep Form
- Writing - Organization Unit: Body paragraph practice (cont.) | Introduce Dress-ups (cont.)
- Spelling - Unit 7 core words: color, war, fly, yourself, seem | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit (cont.) | Test 11/12: Prepositions Unit
- Other - None
Space ProjectThe fifth graders are designing and constructing models of space projects to present in Science Lab on Tuesday, November 18th. The projects are to be made at home using materials found in the home. Please do not go out and spend money on this project. Lego pieces and similar toys can be used as part of the project if the design is original. No pre-made projects. The projects should be small enough to fit on a desk top. Ideas may include but are not limited to: A model of a space station, a device to help astronauts eat/drink/work in space, a space suit, a spacecraft, robot/rover with a specific purpose, a tool to use in space, a space colony or biosphere, design a sport to play in space, etc. Please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl (email@example.com) or Mrs. Swain (firstname.lastname@example.org). Have fun inventing!
Parent-Teacher ConferencesPlease sign up for a time slot to meet with me (and Mrs. Proulx, if necessary) if you haven't already. Click this link to view the schedule and sign up. Thank you! I look forward to meeting with you all.
Last Week's Student Tweets
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org