Social Media

YouTube Instagram          
Google+ Twitter
Snapchat Facebook          


A note about Mr. Riedl's social media accounts:
These accounts are for my professional use. As a school teacher, there is some overlap between my professional and my personal life. Often I will post family pictures/updates on my teacher accounts because that is a big part of who I am, what I care about, and how I represent myself to my students in the classroom. In order to establish boundaries between myself and my students, I do not follow them online or accept their friend requests. My desire is to simply use social media to connect with other educators and to be more available to my students and their parents.
A note about my classroom's social media accounts:
These accounts are for educational use only. As an educator, I believe it is extremely important to educate my students on the proper use of social media. In the classroom, I teach my students how some pictures taken or tweets written in the classroom might not be appropriate to post online. These are great teachable moments. Often I allow my students to post some fun pictures/tweets in addition to the pictures/tweets that highlight student learning in the classroom. It is important for them to know the balance between fun and work (see: Riedl Rules). Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about how I permit the students to use social media in the classroom.