|Teamwork: Marshmallow Challenge|
I hope everyone enjoyed their 3-day weekend! One new resource is available to you this week: Online Grades! I have updated student grades into my online grade book, so please read the info below to see how you can view grades online. Additionally, only 4 students brought in their Neighborhood House waiver last week?! Please read the info for Neighborhood House below, click the link, print the waiver, and turn it in to me ASAP. Thank you! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Oct 14 - Picture Retakes
- Oct 19 - Vision, Hearing, Speech Screenings
- Oct 20 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 1) (12:25-1:45, more info below)
- Oct 28 - Progress Reports Emailed
- Nov 03 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 2) (12:25-1:45, more info below)
- Nov 10 - Honored Guest Morning
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 20 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Nov 20 - Class Party: Thanksgiving! (2-3pm)
- Nov 23-24 - Student Led Parent-Teacher Conferences (more info coming soon)
- Nov 25-27 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 2: Abraham | Verse: Hebrews 11:17 | Quiz Wed: Lesson 2 & Verse
- Math - Chapter 1 | Test Thu: Chapter 1
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit | Research Assignment Due 10/19
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit | Island Project (ongoing in class)
- Reading - Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Writing - Dress-ups
- Spelling - Wired For Reading & Sitton
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit | Quiz Friday: Prepositions (D-O)
- Other - N/A
Grade Book Info page on my website for details about how to view student grades online. There are also details on that page about what to do if students have missing work and the procedures for how to deal with it. The first graded work packet will come home this Friday. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!
Field Trip: Neighborhood HouseWe will be going on our first trip to Neighborhood House on Tuesday, October 20th! Like I mentioned before, we will be splitting the class into two groups, and only one group will go serve at a time. I haven't decided on the groups yet... it will likely be based on who returns the waivers to me the quickest. Please read the important information about Neighborhood House HERE, which includes the waiver you need to print and sign. If you don't have a working printer at home, let me know and I can print it at school and send it home. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions!
Person of the WeekJack Paulson!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org