|5th Grade Boys Basketball!|
Our class will be leading Chapel this Wednesday from 9:00-9:25am in the Auditorium, and all are welcome to join us! However, if you can't make it, I'll be sure to post the video for all to enjoy! Additionally, Hoop-A-Thon is in full swing, so please be sure to visit whcshoop.com and raise money for our school! There are also a couple of awesome field trips coming up, so please read the details below for more info. Make it a great week, everyone!
- NOW to Mar 04 - Hoop-A-Thon Fundraising! (more info at whcshoop.com)
- Feb 23 - Aladdin After School Rehearsal (3:05-4:00)
- Feb 24 - Mr. Riedl's class leads chapel (9:00-9:25, Auditorium)
- Feb 29 to Mar 04 - Spirit Week! (details coming soon)
- Mar 01 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (10:00-12:30, details below)
- Mar 04 - Hoop Day for Hoop-A-Thon Fundraiser
- Mar 08 - Field Trip: Rice NW Museum of Rocks & Minerals (9:00-1:30, details below)
- Mar 17 - Last day of 2nd Trimester
- Mar 18-27 - No School (Spring Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Prep for Chapel & Lesson 11: Deborah | Verse: Psalm 121:1-2 |
- Math - Chapter 4
- Science - Movement & Control Unit | Test Friday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Greece Unit
- Reading - Begin novel study
- Read Aloud - TBD
- Writing - Book reports in class
- Spelling - In-class practice
- Grammar - Adjectives Unit
- Other - Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Classical Quiz 3/14
Schnitz on Tuesday, March 1st to hear wonderful music. We will be taking a bus downtown from 10:00-12:30pm, so please let me know if you won't be able to make it. The students should wear walkable and comfortable shoes.
Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals - On Tuesday, March 8th, we will see amazing geological wonders at the Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals! A bus will take us to Hillsboro from 9:00-1:30pm, so please let me know if you won't be able to make the trip. We will be indoors for most of the time. Bring a sack lunch to be eaten there. If you would like to bring a little spending money to purchase something from the gift shop, that is optional. Last year each student was allowed to choose one rock from a pile outdoors to take home as a souvenir. Please let me know if you have any questions!
YearbooksBe sure to capture the memories of the school year by ordering your West Hills Christian School Yearbook today! They cost $20 each (and can be personalized for $5 more). Visit jostensyearbooks.com to order online. The deadline is March 1st! Wow, that is coming up quickly... I need to remember to order mine, too! :-)
Person of the WeekPayton Palmer!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com