|Awesome surprise last Friday!|
Please be aware that I will be making a change to how we use school supplies for the rest of the year! On Monday I will be collecting all the student school supplies (i.e., colored pencils, markers, gluesticks, etc.) to share our supplies altogether as a classroom community. The reason for this is to encourage more teamwork and better organization in the classroom. If you have questions about this, please contact me. Additionally, please remember that this is the last week to turn in missing work and Correction Forms before report cards! Thursday is the last day I will be accepting work, so please check the updated grades online with your child to make sure the data is accurate. Let's be sure to work hard and focus these last four days before Spring Break. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Mar 17 - Puberty Talk (details below)
- Mar 17 - Last day of 2nd Trimester
- Mar 18-27 - No School (Spring Break)
- Mar 28 - Start of 3rd Trimester
- Apr 01 - Report cards emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 14: Samson | Verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 | Lesson & Verse Quiz Thursday
- Math - Chapter 5 | Test Thursday
- Science - Rocks & Minerals Unit | Rock Collection Project due 4/5 (see below)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Rome Unit
- Reading - Novel study
- Read Aloud - Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- Writing - Daily microwriting
- Spelling - In-class practice | Bi-weekly assessment
- Grammar - Adjectives Unit | Test Tuesday
- Other - Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Classical Quiz Monday
Puberty TalkEach year, the 5th and 6th grade classes schedule a talk with the students about adolescence and general changes to expect. This year's Puberty Talk will be held on Thursday, March 17th. You should have received a permission/email notification from our school nurses last week. Please read their message and if you do not want your child to attend, you may reply to them indicating that you wish for your child to be excused from this talk. If you do not respond to their email, they will assume that your child has permission to attend. Please feel free to contact me or the school nurses if you have any questions.
Person of the WeekMr. Johnson!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com