|Icicles outside the classroom|
Well this is pretty much a duplicate newsletter from last week, for obvious reasons. However, there are a few date changes below. Also, I have decided to bump all of the POWs one week forward, since Miles only got one day as POW last week. Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekMiles Corrigan! (again!)
Topics to Talk About at HomeHave you had the discussion with your child about different family situations regarding missing school? It is important to remember that there are some parents (or single parents) who are unable to go to work because they have to stay at home with their children due to the snow days. This is especially difficult for those who work hourly and lose money that is needed to keep food on the dinner table. There are many people out there in the city who see snow days as an obstacle for survival when living paycheck to paycheck, which is one of the many reasons why it is so difficult for administrators to decide whether or not to cancel school.
- Jan 19 - NO LATE START THURSDAY! School starts at 8:15am.
1320 - Geography Bee (2:15 in Auditorium)
- TBD - Field Trip: Neighborhood House
- Feb 03 - Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Feb 07 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (10:00-12:30)
- [more] - click to view My Calendar on Bloomz
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses Serves God | Memory verse: 1 Corinthians 14:12
- Math - Chapter 2 | Test TBD
- Science - Light & Sound Unit | Test (or maybe quiz) TBD
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit | Trading Card Research due Tuesday
- Read Aloud - Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Reading - Book Journals
- Writing - Paragraph writing
- Spelling - Unit 7
- Grammar - Verbs Unit | Quiz Friday: Irregular Verbs "fly" to "run"
- Other - N/A
HERE is all the info. If your student participated in Chorale, they're automatically registered unless I receive an email to the contrary. New members must register by Wednesday,
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 (call/text) | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org