Weekly Newsletter: Week 4 of 37
Sep 26 - Early Release Day (1pm)
Sep 29 - School Carnival/Book Fair (11am-3pm)
Oct 01 - Tryon Creek Field Trip (time TBA)
Oct 18 - No School (Teacher Dev. Day #1)
Oct 19 - No School (Teacher Dev. Day #2)
Oct 20 - The 5th anniversary of Mr. & Mrs. Riedl's wedding day!
Oct 26 - Hoop-A-Thon
Curriculum and Tests
- Bible - Walk Through the Bible drawings; Romans 12:1-2 quiz on Friday
- Math - 2-9 to 2-11; No exams this week; Test 2A retakes Thursday 3-4pm
- Science - Ecosystems Unit: CO2-O2 and H2O Cycles
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit: Landforms; Continuing Island project
- Reading - New Plot/Setting skill in Davy Crockett story
- Spelling - Core words: energy, week, explain, lost, spring; Tests weekly
- Grammar - Memorize prepositions! Prepositions memorization quiz (A-C) on Friday
- Writing - Continuing the topic of "Ideas" from the Six-Traits of Writing
This Tuesday, Sept 25th from 3-4pm, will be the first after-school rehearsal. This is also the LAST DAY TO JOIN Chorale!
Tryon Creek Field Trip
Our first field trip is NEXT WEEK... Monday, October 1st! The chaperone spots have been filled, so we are good to go! Please remind your students that they should be wearing clothing good to hike in for the entire morning. The students will be back at school for lunch.
Please check in with them each night, asking to see their planner. If they have not filled in their homework, you can check on the site calendar and remind them to be a responsible student and use their planner! (Note: Parents do not need to initial their child's planner unless we decide the student needs the accountability)
Person of the Week Guidelines
I posted on my blog everything you need to know about student presentations for Person of the Week! Click here to view.
Person of the Week: Jake Dutt
Mr. Riedl - 503-977-5485 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx - 503-977-5488 - email@example.com