|Great band concert last week!|
Lots to do before the end of the year, so please read details below. Only 15 days of school left... Make it a great week, everyone!
- May 22 - Class Birthday Party (2:15pm)
- May 23 - No School (Teacher Work Day)
- May 26 - No School (Memorial Day)
- June 04 - Field Trip: Junior Rose Parade (time TBD)
- June 09 - Field Trip: Tigard Bowl & Pizza Caboose (10:15-1:00pm)
- June 10 - Last day of school! (11:30am dismissal)
- June 10 - All School Family Picnic (12-3pm)
- June 13 - Report Cards emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 15: Ruth | Verse: Ruth 1:16 | Quiz Thursday: Lesson & Verse
- Math - Chapter 8 (cont.)
- Science - Plants Unit (cont.) | Due Thursday: Bring simple flower to lab (Yes: rhododendron, lily, tulip, iris; No: rose, dandelion, daisy)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit (cont.) | Due Monday: Middle Ages Project visual AND final draft
- Reading - The Cay (cont.) | The Cay Project introduced this week
- Writing - Poetry Unit (cont.) | Due 6/4: Creative Writing Project (details below)
- Spelling - Unit 25 core words: subject, skin, wasn't, I've, yellow | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Begin Punctuation Unit
- Music - Test 5/29: Contemporary/Impressionistic
Creative Writing ProjectAfter writing so many book reports and research projects, I wanted to make sure my students had an opportunity to get creative with one final writing assignment. On Friday I presented these instructions to the students, and I hope they have fun with it. It will be due on June 4th, and I will only give them a limited amount of time to work on it in class.
- Grading criteria for the Creative Writing Project (50 total points)
- Must be at least a page long (or equivalent length if in alternate format such as skit, video, children's book, etc.) (10 points)
- Must begin with "One day, I was walking down the road, and I saw..." (10 points)
- Must be creative (20 points)
- Must be well organized, good grammar/spelling/etc., double-spaced if typed, neat, etc. (10 points)
Yearbooks on SaleIf you haven't ordered a yearbook yet, please consider purchasing one for all of the wonderful memories! It is full color this year for $20. I sent an email to all of the parents with details, and if we all work together to purchase one, you can also think of it as a donation for a free yearbook to Mr. Riedl (if he wins the competition)! Thank you!
Surprise Field Trip: Junior Rose Parade (HELP NEEDED)We get an awesome opportunity to support the West Hills marching band in this year's Junior Rose Parade! It'll be coming up before we know it, on June 4th, so please let me know if any parents, grandparents, etc. would like to chaperone. We would like as many volunteers with us as possible, and there should be room for you on the bus so you don't have to park and try to find us in the crowds. More details coming soon.
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com