|Mrs. deBra came to teach a lesson!|
Please remember we have a three-day school week! No school on Thursday or Friday. Also, I updated our 2014-2015 photo album, so please go check out the pictures! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Oct 16,17 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 29 - Mr. Riedl's class leads chapel for Grades K-2 (8:30am) and Grades 3-5 (9am) (Auditorium)
- Oct 29 - Progress Reports Emailed to Parents
- Nov 07 - Honored Guest Morning (7:30-9:45am)
- Nov 07 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 24-28 - No School (Parent Teacher Conferences & Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Prep for presenting at chapel! | Verse: Ephesians 4:24 |
- Math - Chapter 2 (cont.)
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit (cont.) | Research Assignment (due Monday) | Unit Test Wednesday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] << View all upcoming Island Project due dates on Mrs. Proulx's website | Geography Unit (cont.) | Island: Add 15 landforms and 5 bodies of water to rough draft
- Reading - Character/Setting skill in the story Davy Crockett Saves the World
- Writing - Word Choice Unit | Introduce Dress-ups | Introduce first book report project
- Spelling - No spelling unit
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit (cont.) | Prepositions (P-Z) Quiz 10/24
- Other - None
Last Week's Student Tweets
- To be updated tonight.
- [more] - click to view all @MrRiedl5th tweets
Check student grades online and Returning missing workI have been entering student grades online using the Renweb gradebook, so please check it out. For help with navigating the Renweb site, please use these tutorials from last year: Written Instructions or Video Tutorial. The theme colors have changed since last year, but the basic format for navigating is the same. Please let me know if you have any trouble viewing student grades.
Additionally, I have repeatedly reminded students to keep their graded work packets, which are returned every Friday. Please store it in a location at home for the rest of the trimester. DO NOT throw out graded work until after report cards at the end of the trimester! This is important in case I make a mistake with data entry (which unfortunately happens on occasion... sorry I'm not perfect!). Click to read more about Missing Work Procedures & Returning Graded Work.
Serving at Neighborhood HouseWe are in need of one volunteer for Tuesday, October 28th when we go to Neighborhood House to volunteer. We will be walking over to their building in Multnomah Village at 12:30pm, serving for about 45 minutes by sorting donations and stocking shelves for people in the neighborhood, and returning to school by 1:45pm. If you would like to help chaperone on the trip, please sign up here. Thank you!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org