|Check out this great first day pic of our class!|
Thanks to all the parents who made it to Back to School Night last Friday! For those of you who were unable to come, please visit the Back to School Night page and let me know if you have questions. Hopefully we can develop more of a routine this week as we start to wrap up learning classroom procedures and begin learning more educational content. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Oct 01 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (info coming soon)
- Oct 09 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 20 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 1) (12:25-1:45)
- Oct 28 - Progress Reports Emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Knight's Code & Old Testament Overview | School verse for the year: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- Math - Begin Chapter 1
- Science - Begin Populations & Ecosystems Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Begin Geography Unit | Introduction to Island Project
- Reading - Train students in Lit Groups procedures
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Writing - Begin learning about Dress-ups
- Spelling - Waiting before we begin the first unit
- Grammar - Begin Prepositions Unit
- Other - Rules & Procedures study guide given this week
Parent Questionnaire to give me some background info about your child. I want to be the best teacher I can be, and your perspective as a parent is extremely valuable. If you have not yet completed that, it would be great if you would do so as soon as possible. Thank you!
Chorale News from Mrs. BrumleyChorale lunch rehearsals begin for 5th graders this week! Please turn in your registration forms to Mrs. Brumley or Mr. Riedl as soon as possible! Check the Music website for all Chorale dates and details. WE GET TO DO THIS!
Person of the WeekMr. Riedl will demonstrate what it's like to do a POW presentation!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org