|Our first team-building activity!|
The first full week of 5th grade is in the history books! Now that we are finished with our Rules & Procedures Quiz, we will start diving into our curriculum more deeply. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Oct 01 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (9:20-12:00, more info below)
- Oct 09 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 20 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 1) (12:25-1:45, more info coming soon)
- Oct 28 - Progress Reports Emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - God's Word Is True (Lesson 1) | Memory verse: Romans 15:4
- Math - Chapter 1
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit | Island Project (ongoing)
- Reading - Begin Treasures curriculum
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Writing - Dress-ups
- Spelling - Waiting before we begin the first unit
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit
- Other - N/A
Tryon Creek State Park is a very large park with long trails, so we will be traveling a relatively long distance on foot. Wear hiking boots or tennis shoes, and depending on the weather forecast, remember your rain jacket. Additionally, we will be returning to school by lunch time, so we will not be bringing our lunches with us. We have plenty of volunteers, thank you, and they will be receiving volunteer info from me soon.
New Library Website!Please check out the new Library website! Miss Hutchison has been working hard on it. There is information about her as the new Teacher Librarian as well as helpful resources for library business.
Chorale News from Mrs. BrumleyChorale lunch recess rehearsals begin THIS WEEK (Mr. Riedl mistyped this last week)! Girls meet Mondays; Boys on Wednesdays. Parents, please note the following important dates for the following week: Tuesday, Sept. 29, 3:05-4:00 is our first monthly AFTER SCHOOL rehearsal, and Wednesday, Sept. 30 is the last day to join Chorale! Check the Music website for all Chorale dates and details. WE GET TO DO THIS!
Person of the WeekMia Jetton!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org