|Prepping student-led conferences|
Our second group of students will be serving at Neighborhood House this Tuesday! All students please remember to bring only one item to donate! Click here if you want ideas for items to donate. Additionally, I have finally updated the classroom photos album. Please go check out the Photos & Videos page and check 'em out! Lastly, I will be preparing the students for leading their parents at conferences on November 23rd and 24th. Please read more about it here: Student-Led Parent Conferences. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Nov 03 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 2) (12:25-1:45, more info here)
- Nov 10 - Honored Guest Morning
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 20 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Nov 20 - Class Party: Thanksgiving! (2-3pm)
- Nov 23-24 - Student-Led Parent Conferences (more info here)
- Nov 25-27 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 4: Joseph | Verse: Genesis 50:20 |
- Math - Chapter 2 | Quiz Wednesday
- Science - Space Unit | Space Project due 11/17
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Finish Island Presentations | Begin Mesopotamia Unit
- Reading - Reading Goals
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Writing - Vision Letters with Dress-Ups
- Spelling - Wired For Reading spelling videos
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit | Unit Test Friday
- Other - Preparing for Student-Led Parent Conferences
Space ProjectThe fifth graders are designing and constructing models of space projects to present in Science Lab on Tuesday, November 17th. The projects are to be made at home using materials found in the home. Please do not go out and spend money on this project. Lego pieces and similar toys can be used as part of the project if the design is original. No pre-made projects. The projects should be small enough to fit on a desk top. Ideas may include but are not limited to: A model of a space station, a device to help astronauts eat/drink/work in space, a space suit, a spacecraft, robot/rover with a specific purpose, a tool to use in space, a space colony or biosphere, design a sport to play in space, etc. Please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl or Mrs. Swain. Have fun inventing!
Person of the WeekEzekiel Crowder!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com