We made it to the final week of school for 2015! Woohoo! Important reminder: Thursday is the last day of the trimester and also the last day to turn in missing work or Correction Forms to be counted toward report cards. It was great to hear the 5th graders sing last Friday at the Christmas Concert. We will be celebrating Christmas in our classroom on Thursday with a party, but not before a whole lot of hard work leading up to it! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Dec 16 - Band Concert (7pm, Auditorium)
- Dec 17 - Class Party: Christmas! (2-3pm)
- Dec 18 to Jan 03 - No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 04 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 08 - Report Cards Emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses | Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:12 | Lesson & Verse Quiz Tuesday
- Math - Chapter 2 | Test Thursday
- Science - Light & Sound Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit | Geography Bee preliminaries
- Reading - Preparing for book reports
- Read Aloud - Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Writing - St. Nicholas paragraphs
- Spelling - Wired For Reading spelling video prep
- Grammar - Verbs Unit | Irregular Verbs Quiz 1/8 ("be" to "fall")
- Other - None
Quick Note About Christmas Gifts For Mr. RiedlEvery year I am overwhelmed with the love from the West Hills families in the form of Christmas gifts. Although it is wonderful that my families want to give me gifts, I was hoping that this year we could do something a little different... My sister, Mrs. Anna Isbell, teaches a bilingual Kindergarten class at Riverside Elementary School in Milwaukie (a high poverty school), and she is in need of support. She wants to buy school supplies for her students, and she has created a DonorsChoose.org site to raise the money for the items. It would be such a wonderful gift to me if my students would go visit my sister's site and donate money to her students rather than buying anything for me. Then maybe my students would want to write me a card to tell me that they helped support other kids in other schools. :-) I would love that!!! This is just a suggestion-- thanks for being open to exploring other ways to show Jesus' love during the Christmas season!
Person of the WeekOwen Krause!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org