|Tableau: Acting out "fireball"|
Happy New Year! Wow, this seemed like the longest break I've ever experienced. I hope you enjoyed the time off as much as I have. As we come back to class, be prepared to pick up where we left of with our learning! Working hard our first day back will also result in a reward: Our rescheduled Christmas Party!! Details about the Reading Buddy Party are below. Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekMake-up week!
Topics to Talk About at HomePlease help your child understand that some students in class may have had fun over Christmas Break, while other students may have had tough situations at home that were not fun. Remind them that many families struggle with finances, family relationships, and other conflicts. I will encourage all of the students to have a humble heart about sharing any gifts they received and compassion toward those who had a hard time over the break.
- Jan 03 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 03 - RESCHEDULED! Class Party: Christmas! (2:00-3:00)
- Jan 06 - Report cards emailed
- Jan 13 - Geography Bee (2:15 in Auditorium)
- Jan 16 - No School (Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- TBD - Field Trip: Neighborhood House
- Feb 03 - Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Feb 07 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (10:00-12:30)
- [more] - click to view My Calendar on Bloomz
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses Serves God | Memory verse: 1 Corinthians 14:12
- Math - Chapter 2
- Science - Light & Sound Unit | Test 1/12
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit
- Read Aloud - Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Reading - Story of the Week: Davy Crockett Saves the World
- Writing - Paragraph writing
- Spelling - Unit 7
- Grammar - Verbs Unit
- Other - N/A
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 (call/text) | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org